Burns, Sean T.
Sean is the Clinical Director at PPI. He is a licensed clinical social worker in Pennsylvania who graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with a Master of Social Work degree. In addition, he gained a Master of Divinity degree from Columbia International University and a Bachelor of Science in Business Management degree from The Pennsylvania State University.
Sean joined PPI in April 2009. Prior to PPI Sean worked for Gateway Rehabilitation Center for 4 ½ years as a drug and alcohol therapist. Sean spent eight years in the business world working for AT&T Wireless and Giant Eagle, Inc.
Sean is actively involved in his local church working with teenagers and adults.
Sean believes in client focused treatment and can include both prayer and biblical teaching in sessions if requested. He believes that true healing is found through a relationship with the God of the bible, and seeks to help others find healing.
Sean specializes in the treatment of adolescents and adults who deal with depression, anxiety, and PTSD. Sean has in-depth knowledge of the treatment of addictions including family treatment for addictions. Sean also enjoys working with families in finding solutions to shared challenges.
- Aetna Health Insurance
- Community Care Behavioral Health
- Cigna Health Insurance
- Highmark Health Insurance
- Magellan Health Care
- Pennsylvania Medicare
- MHN a Healthnet Company
- United Behavioral Health (UBH)
- United Behavioral Health (UBH) Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- United Behavioral Health (UBH) Optum
- United Healthcare
- UPMC (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center)
- Value Behavioral Health of Pennsylvania, Inc. (VBH-PA)
- Value Options/Beacon Health Options
- Crossroads Presbyterian Church (Monroeville)
- Pittsburgh Pastoral Institute (Shadyside)
- Clinical Staff
- Senior Leadership
- Executive Staff
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Reality Therapy
- Addiction/Process Types (sex, gambling, etc)
- Addiction/Substance Abuse
- Adolescent Counseling
- Autism Spectrum Disorders